I was looking back through old blog posts and realized my little blog is 2 years and 8 months old! I think that may be the longest I have ever been committed to any one interest - being part of a church plant is close, though. It is so easy to remain committed because I love it! I can't begin to tell you the joy I receive through the opportunity to encourage others and remind you how deeply loved you are. Thank you for making this possible, for taking the time to read and share and pass along as you see fit. Every week I have a few people here and there tell me how encouraged they are for one reason or another, by this little blog; before each post I pray that it would touch at least one person in a deep and loving way. When at least one person lets me know that happens, my heart is full and I praise Jesus.
Last week Sharaya from She Loves Happy let me know that she "nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award." Thanks Sharaya! This little made-up award originated in Germany and as Katie describes is, "a chain mail award of appreciation." It was created to be a connection for bloggers around the world, sharing the love.
1. Post an acceptance post and include a thank you to the blogger who nominated you
2. Nominate 10 bloggers with under 200 followers with links to their blogs
3. Answer 10 questions your nominator sent to you
4. Include 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Living Against The Grain: After reading Emily's posts and getting to know her heart, you will want to be her best friend! She is overflowing with love and inspiration on her blog, as well as in person! She is a trophy-all-star wife to my brother, a wonderful mommy to her baby girl, and an avid follower of Jesus.
Nunes Note: Haley is nothing but a gem. Mother of a teething 8 month baby, wife to a man who works on the oil field, she pursues Jesus with all she has and serves her home wonderfully. Her heart for this world is huge.
Glitter & Churchy Church: Stacey. Read her blog and support her organization. She is in this world for a purpose and is changing it. She co-founded The Ivy Movement has a lot of spunk? opinion? drive? Jesus! She inspires you to chase your calling whole heartedly.
She Loves Happy: I know that Sharaya nominated me, but I absolutely love her blog and her inspiration, so this is an extra boost to go visit her site! She has great recipes, amazing DIY crafts for the home, and a beautiful heart. You won't regret stopping by.
Broken To Love: Mike is a man full of grace and walking in love. He has been called to church planting and is being used by Jesus to change this city, this world. He has taught me more than I could dream of telling you. His site is full of love and you won't want to miss learning from him.
Eighteen Inches: Candice has a very creative writing style and it is awesome! She tells stories in ways that come to life and you will enjoy reading them.
K. Barnes Photography: Kiley Barnes is so good at what she does! Not only is just amazing at capturing moments, but she reveals her love for it while doing so. I highly recommend her!
A Portland Story: Russell and Emily have parachuted themselves into the Pearl District straight from Boise, ID. They have a 3 year old son and a little one on the way! They are answering a call to plant a church. An inspiring and amazing couple.
Far Far Better Things Ahead: Will and Lorna are all about real! They are real and transparent, sharing why it is hard to smile and hope that there are far better things ahead. She is a great friend.
Global Scoping Germany: Tony probably has more than 200 followers, but his site is full of truth nuggets! He looks into the face of his heart and searches for truth. He inspires us to do the same. He also has committed to being in Germany for 5 years!
My Answer to Sharaya's Questions:
- Describe your dream vacation.
We are currently saving for Germany; there is a little town called Brenner that Loren's family originates from. We have a couple friends over there and would love to explore the land! We are well on our way towards this - we put both tax returns in a secure account and set aside $10-20 a month for it!
- What is one goal you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I pray and hope that others would look Jesus in the face and see that His relentless love and unending faithfulness is pursing them; that they would let Him be their identity.
- What is your favorite holiday?
Valentines Day; it reminds me to love others deeply and remind those around me how deeply loved they are.
- What is one food you will not eat?
- If you could speak any language, what would it be and why?
German: I could then understand Loren when he talks to Tony.
- Are you a good dancer?
I mean, define good.
- Do you prefer bubbles baths or showers?
Showers because they're easier. Bubble bath on vaca, yes!
- If you could ask your future self one question what would it be?
Will you/I be in Corvallis in 5 years?
- What other countries have you been to?
France, England, Belgium, Canada, Mexico
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Snail? Excuse me, escargot.
1. Do you make your bed everyday?
2. Why do you blog?
3. When you were 15, did you imagine your life this way at this age? How did you imagine it?
4. What is your love language? AKA how do you feel loved best?
5. What is one piece of advice you would give your 15 year old self, if you could have?
6. What is your calling in life? What is your passion? What gets you excited?
7. Will you support one of these two movements? (Is this a trick?!)
House of Engedi or The Ivy Movement - both fighting to save women who are caught in sex slavery.
8. How do you want to impact this world? What kind of legacy do you hope to leave?
9. Who has blessed you deeper and bigger than you would have imagined being blessed?
10. That one person who has no idea who they are, is on their death bed: what do you need to say to them? Will you?